It is an opportunity for UK Schools to play in a Festival that is part of the Commemoration Programme in Vimy, and to remember the players of the Footballers Battalions in WW1.
The Festival is open to U12 Teams providing a chance for UK Schools to play teams from other regions whom you may never meet in your current fixture list, and this is an opportunity to test themselves in a competitive environment.
THE GAME - 9-a-side Football
9-a-side football is a version of the game played on a half size pitch. A fast moving shortened format with games lasting a maximum of 20 minutes in 2 equal periods of 10 minutes.
The laws of the game will apply as laid down by Federation Football Francais with a number of small variations.
For this tournament the squad size is limited to 15 players with 3 members of staff in attendance.
Sat 10 Jun 2017
Entrance fee is £900 per team
(Includes all local taxes)
- Set meal for members of the squad and teachers/support staff.
- Provision of Match Officials from the Federation Football Francais.
- Hire of First Aid Facilities.
- Use of all facilities at Vimy Stadium.
- All administration for the Festival.
- Souvenir Programme for each person in the Squad.
- Additional purchases of food and drink at the venue.
On Sunday morning June 11th there will be a Service of Remembrance dedicated to the Footballers Battalions at Delville Wood on the Somme. This will be followed by a lunch at the Salle des Fetes in nearby Ligny Tilloy.
To plan and arrange your tour, call Tracey on: 01306 873 571