To plan and arrange your tour, call Tracey on: 01306 873 571
Alternatively, if you’re interested in booking a tour for a smaller group, take a look at what our sister site offers: legerbattlefields.co.uk
At the start of the Great War in August 1914 it soon became clear that Great Britain’s existing Regular Army and Territorial Reserves would need a huge injection of manpower to fight a continental or global war.
This schools battlefield and education WWI tour invokes the spirit of a generation of young idealists and adventurers, who travelled across the globe for a cause they believed in – and died for.
All tours can be tailor-made to suit your needs. Some groups have specific sites that they wish to visit including graves, where they may wish to lay a wreath. Others like to combine a history tour with some leisure time, such as a day visit to Bruges, a visit to Bellewaerde Theme Park outside Ypres or add on a visit to Disneyland® Paris.Download and print brochure page
- Pick-up and drop-off at your school or chosen pick-up point
- Executive class coach travel (subject to availability)
- Return travel on Eurotunnel (or P&O Ferries, if you prefer)
- Entrance to all museums throughout the tour
- Full board accommodation for tours lasting two days or more
- Exclusive Teachers’ Information Booklet and Pupil Worksheets
- Personal Battlefields Tours Executive to assist with tour planning