To plan and arrange your tour, call Tracey on: 01306 873 571
Alternatively, if you’re interested in booking a tour for a smaller group, take a look at what our sister site offers: legerbattlefields.co.uk
Concrete, steel and labour – these were ingredients of Adolf Hitler’s Atlantic Wall, built to defend Europe’s occupied coastline from invasion by the Allies and which comprise thousands of bunkers, minefields, defence positions, gun sites and other brooding remains of Hitler’s plan for ‘The Thousand Year Reich’.
Monolithic constructions were built to hide and launch Hitler’s V weapons but both dreams of an impregnable wall and an unstoppable rocket assault were destined to fail. The wall was breached and instantly made redundant, the V weapon launch sites overrun on June 6, 1944, with the D Day invasion of Normandy.
Our schools tour also looks at the monolithic remains of the V Weapon programme. This was science with a dark evil purpose. Huge bunkers and secret tunnels were constructed to prepare and launch the V1 Flying Bomb and the V2 Rocket and to fire the V3 Superguns.
All tours can be tailor-made to suit your needs. Some groups have specific sites that they wish to visit including graves, where they may wish to lay a wreath. Others like to combine a history tour with some leisure time, such as a day visit to Bruges, a visit to Bellewaerde Theme Park outside Ypres or add on a visit to Disneyland® Paris.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your school or chosen pick-up point
- Executive class coach travel (subject to availability)
- Return travel on Eurotunnel (or P&O Ferries, if you prefer)
- Entrance to all museums throughout the tour
- Full board accommodation for tours lasting two days or more
- Exclusive Teachers’ Information Booklet and Pupil Worksheets
- Personal Battlefields Tours Executive to assist with tour planning