To plan and arrange your tour, call Tracey on: 01306 873 571
Alternatively, if you’re interested in booking a tour for a smaller group, take a look at what our sister site offers: legerbattlefields.co.uk
By 1941, the Germans were anticipating a second front to be launched against them by the allies from the west and accordingly Hitler decreed that the ‘Atlantic Wall’ should be created. These defences, made from reinforced concrete, steel and forced labour, stretched from Norway to Spain and consisted of thousands of bunkers and gun emplacements. As the tide turned against the Third Reich, so Hitler turned to technology for salvation. Owing to its proximity to Britain, northern France was selected as the launch pad for Germany’s secret ‘V’ weapons.
All tours can be tailor-made to suit your needs. Some groups have specific sites that they wish to visit including graves, where they may wish to lay a wreath. Others like to combine a history tour with some leisure time, such as a day visit to Bruges, a visit to Bellewaerde Theme Park outside Ypres or add on a visit to Disneyland® Paris.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your school or chosen pick-up point
- Executive class coach travel (subject to availability)
- Return travel on Eurotunnel (or P&O Ferries, if you prefer)
- Entrance to all museums throughout the tour
- Full board accommodation for tours lasting two days or more
- Exclusive Teachers’ Information Booklet and Pupil Worksheets
- Personal Battlefields Tours Executive to assist with tour planning